Dan Winter’s House is open all year round.
- Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Summer months – 10.30am to 8.30pm
- Winter months – 10.30 am to 5.30pm
- Sunday from 2.00 pm
Entrance to the house is by donation.
- Tours and talks by request
- Group visits and Lodge meetings by advanced booking
- Visiting groups can avail of tea/coffee, scones, tray bakes, sandwiches, homemade apple tart.
- Prices on request
Please telephone for group bookings 028 3885 1344 / 077 6260 5169
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disabled access, education facilities, meeting room, shop, car parking, toilets. Light refreshments on sale.
- Picnic area beside the apple orchards.
Displays include relics from the battle, orange memorabilia, original furniture from the cottage and old farming and dairy artefacts. Also old chair in top room which came with the Winter family in 1665, Traditional holds that this old chair had been used when the first embryonic meeting was held in the cottage after the Battle of the Diamond in 1795. The walls of the cottage were repaired using bricks made of red clay from the back of the cottage. These bricks were dried in the griddle over the fire.