Find out about the ancestral home, its restoration and significance to Northern Irish and Protestant history.

Opening Hours

Mon-Sat: 10.30 - 17.30

Sunday: 14.00 - 17.30

Welcome

This early 18th century listed vernacular farmhouse was re-thatched and restored in 2000 with a large proportion of the original fabric having been conserved.
The cottage has been maintained by the Winter family down the years, and on display are relics from the Battle of the Diamond and old farming and dairy artefacts. The original timber, used to build the cottage, has just been dated to reveal this is probably one of the last houses to use Irish Oak as a building timber.

Find out more

The Cottage

The Winter ancestral home in the farmyard was made famous by the Orangemen as their birthplace.

History & Heritage

Find out more about the Battle of the Diamond in 1795 and the forming of the Orange Order.

Tours & Visits

There are daily tours and visits to the farmhouse – get directions and visiting times. We’d love to see you!

Gallery

What our visitors are saying

Shop for Merchandise

Opening Hours

Mon to Sat: 10.30-17.30

Sun: 14.00-17.30

Contact Info

9 Derryloughan Road

Loughgall BT61 8PH

T: 028 3885 1344 / 077 62 605169

Follow us

© Copyright 2021 Dan Winter’s House
9 Derryloughan Road, Loughgall, County Armagh, Northern Ireland BT61 8PH

Dan Winter’s web site has been funded by the Heritage Recovery Fund